Small business owners have a lot on their plates, and it is important that they take advantage of any tools that are going to help ease their burdens in any way. These days, there are more tools than ever, from accounting software to social media management tools and so much more, and any small business owner would be crazy to not take advantage of the right tools to be able to enjoy the benefits of the best practices for small businesses. Here are some of our favorite business management tools for small businesses that you should be using now.
1) Six Disciplines – Your employees need to be able to track and update progress of what they are working on, goals, plans, etc., and they can do so at any time, and from any device, when using this performance management solution. Managers can use it to set up multi-rater feedback for teams, and it is the ideal tool for performance management and coaching so your business is both employee and team-driven. Using this tool will heighten engagement and motivation, and it will ultimately help to increase productivity.
2) Jobber – Use this tool for CRM, invoicing, scheduling, collaboration, and team management. It is ideal for service-based businesses, and it has a great GPS tracking feature that allows you to see what your staff are doing in the field at all times. Receive and track payments, create job schedules, set team assignments, and enjoy a drag and drop calendar.
3) Zenefits – This is another free, cloud-based software platform that is ideal for managing all of your HR needs, such as compliance, benefits, payroll, etc. You can manage workers’ compensation, protect your business with property and casualty insurance, and manage all of the employee retirement benefit plans, including being able to match 401K contributions. All of the benefits will be together in one place, so managing them will be easy for everyone.
4) Sellsy – This is a great sales tool, but it is so much more than that. You can actually use this tool to create and manage a website that is completely integrated with your business’ back end. There is even a “Rental” management feature that allows you to keep track of all rental items, from availability to returns and more features that will help to increase your customer base, and ultimately, your sales.
5) Wave – This is the cloud accounting tool that is trusted by over a million business owners. It is absolutely free to use, and it you will never have to bother with manual entry again. Connect it to your bank account, PayPal account, etc., and your transactions will automatically show up in your accounting list. This is a great payroll tool that will make your job a whole lot easier.
6) YourTradeBase – If your business revolves around any trade, this is a tool you should be using. It is the ideal tool for trade-based businesses, and it is also easy to use. You can create paperwork in a matter of minutes rather than hours, cost materials, set job schedules, and a whole lot more. Save schedules and appointments, view calendars, download and print out material lists, etc., and be a lot more organized, no matter what trade your business is based around.
7) BlueCamroo – This tool is loaded with the functionality that all small businesses must have. One of the best features is that you can use it to integrate all of your social media marketing for tracking and for your help desk. Control the sales pipeline, manage tasks and projects, support clients, get social, collaborate with your team, and more.